Georgia Tax Credit
We are fortunate in the state of Georgia that our tax dollars can be used to support tuition costs for those attending Georgia independent schools. We appreciate our legislators for this tax benefit in support of a private education choice and thank the donors who select Oak Mountain Academy as the recipient of their tax credit donation.
- Apply Today (beginning August 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018).
- GaSSO Submits to DOR.
- On the first business day of 2019, Georgia SSO submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Contribution Approval.
- GaSSO and DOR notify you of the tax credit approval and the amount approved in January 2019.
- Make Payment.
- Pay GaSSO by check or electronic payment with 60 days of DOR approval (generally mid-March).
- Take the Tax Credit.
- Mid-year, GaSSO will send you a tax receipt for claiming the credit on your 2019 Georgia income tax return. (credit will be taken when filing for your 2019 taxes in April of 2020.)