SSO Georgia Tax Credit
Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program –
Submit your 2023 GOAL Tax Credit Application today!
The GOAL Program is a remarkable and important opportunity provided to Georgians by our elected officials.
In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL, our partner Student Scholarship Organization, taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit!
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayer donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to Georgia GOAL for a 100% Georgia income tax credit – in other words, by contributing with dollars you must spend anyway, you will help maximize financial aid for deserving families desiring to receive a [School Name] education.
NEW Individual Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status:
- Single individual or head of household – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $5,000
- Married couple filing separate returns – up to $2,500
- Pass-through Owner (not making HB149 Election) – up to $25,000
- C Corp, Trust, or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level (HB 149) - up to 75% of annual tax liability
New for 2023: Business that pays insurance premium tax - up to 75% of annual tax liability, but credit shall not exceed $1 million
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Complete the 2023 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR
- GOAL submits your 2023 application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) on the first business day of January 2023.
- Approved to Contribute - By mid-January 2023, GOAL and DOR notify you of your approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
- GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
- Make Payment - Pay GOAL by check, credit card, or ACH within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2023).
Take the Tax Credit!
GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment).
Please contact Amanda Teyeb at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for supporting Oak Mountain Academy through this amazing Tax Credit program and Georgia Goal! We are thankful for you!